Monday, October 26, 2015

Travel and Sketching: Part 2

More from the trip to Ireland, once again, I am behind on posting!

This sketch was done at the Cliffs of Moher, one of the most awesome places I have ever seen. I managed to steal about 20 minutes to sit down at a nice spot and get out the paints and brushes, even the sun came out for me! This view is looking at the cliffs that go off to the left as you approach the trails from the visitors center.

I find painting on location to be a highly enjoyable activity but for some reason, doing these quick pieces in Ireland brought me great joy, more than the usual happy to be painting experience. At these times I felt so completely in the moment and felt a strong connection with place, it all heightened my experience of travel.

The small watercolor is sitting on top of my other travel sketch journal that I used for pencil sketches and notes as we traveled the country. I am so glad I kept good notes, they have proved invaluable now that we are home.

No comments: